‘Turning your vision into a sonic reality’
I’m Mike Botwright, a Brighton-based sound designer, editor and musician.
After receiving a BA Hons in Documentary Film Making, I went on to gain a diploma in both Sound Engineering and Advanced Post Production Sound at the London School of Sound Recording. Over the past ten years I have been involved in a varying array of sound related projects. From live musical performance to documentary sound design, I have covered a broad spectrum of audio positions.
With the skills I have acquired in both recorded and synthesised audio recreation, my aim is to create a story through sound. Whether it’s a heartfelt drama or a gritty horror, I will work alongside you to ensure that your vision is conveyed clearly and together we can tell your story as it was meant to be told.
- Pro Tools – Certified 201 Operator
- Trained on both the Avid S6 (Digital) and Soundcraft Ghost (Analogue) consoles.
- Confident in all areas of recording and mixing including – ADR, dialogue editing, sound design, track laying, SFX editing, and Foley.
- Audio clean-up and restoration using various plug-ins including Izotope RX
- Post production workflows and deliverables
- Location sound recording including drama and documentary
- Use of a wide selection of microphones and recording techniques
- Confident using a range of HD camcorders for documentary and film use
- Basic video editing